From Yocto Project
Yocto Project Weekly Status January 15, 2019
Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M2
Next Deadline: YP 2.7 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 21, 2019
SWAT Team Rotation:
- SWAT lead is currently: Paul
- SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Chen on Jan. 18, 2019
- SWAT team rotation: Chen -> Armin on Jan. 25, 2019
- YP 2.7 M1 was released on Jan. 10, 2019
- YP 2.6.1 is in QA and 79% complete. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.6_QA_Status
- We merged the perl changes and version upgrade. This exposed some race issues but we’re hoping those have now been resolved. Thanks AlexK! This may cause fallout for perl module recipes in other layers.
- There is a proposed patchset to add GL passthrough support for qemu, feedback on the proposals is welcome. There are build time performance implications, particularly due to the use of gtk3+-native.
- There is a -dev kernel recipe for the Linux 5.0 kernel, thanks Bruce.
- M2 cutoff is next week!
Planned Releases for YP 2.7:
- YP 2.7 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 21, 2019
- YP 2.7 M2 Release Target is Feb. 1, 2019
- YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff is Feb. 25, 2019
- YP 2.7 M3 Release Target is Mar. 8, 2019
- YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff is Apr. 1, 2019
- YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26, 2019
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 2.6.1 (Thud) will is in QA.
- YP 2.5.3 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M2 is done.
- YP 2.5.4 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M4 is done.
- YP 2.6.2 (Thud) will be targeted after YP 2.5.4 is done.
- WDD 2391 (last week 2364) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
- Poky Patch Metrics
- Total patches found: 1565 (last week 1618)
- Patches in the Pending State: 667 (43%) [last week 718 (44%)]