Guidelines for contributing to meta-intel layer
Note: This page is "Work in Progress", it is not finalized yet.
meta-intel Layer Information
git repository location:
- List email address: email@example.com
- How to subscribe : https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-intel
Guidelines for sending commits to meta-intel
Please follow general guidelines for contributing to Yocto Project. Here are some of the links.
- Community Guidelines
- Contribution Guidelines
- Recipe & Patch Style Guide
- The Yocto Project Development Manual
Guidelines for submitting BSPs to meta-intel
1st follow these general BSP developer's guides:
- Board Support Packages (BSP) - Developer's Guide
- Yocto Project Linux Kernel Development Manual
- To save everybodies time, please make sure you can meet these expectations before submitting a BSP for meta-intel layer
Expectations for up-streaming a BSP in meta-intel layer
To keep the meta-intel layer in good shape, all the owners of the BSPs in the layer need to fulfill these expectations.
1. Make sure the BSP is functioning well at all the times
Sometimes dependent layers such as oecore introduce changes which can break layers and BSPs depending on it. The maintainer of the BSP need to regularly validate the BSP with the latest dependent layers, to make sure it is still functioning properly.
Check this link showing status of the various meta-intel BSPs kept up to date: Last Known Good Commits for meta-intel
2. Prepare the BSP for release with every meta-intel release
This involves these things:
- tag the commit of the release in the meta-intel repository
- Get the "Yocto Project Compatibile" certification for the BSP from here: https://www.yoctoproject.org/webform/yocto-project-compatible-registration
- Build the binary images of the BSP with the meta_tlk layer, and make sure commercial licenses are turned off while building.
- Provide the built release tarball of the BSP to the release engineer for releasing to Yocto Project BSP release area
Review process for sending commits and BSPs to meta-intel layer
- All the commits for meta-intel layer must go through the meta-intel mailing list.
- The changes should be sent as individual commits. There are scripts available to prepare and send patches for review. Check http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#how-to-submit-a-change
- Do not send tarballs of code for review.