Yocto Project Summit 2019
Slides are here: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/YP_Summit_Lyon_2019
Yocto Project® Summit 2019
The Yocto Project will be running its 1st Summit in 2019, the event will be co-located with the Embedded Linux Conference Europe.
- DATE: Thursday, October 31 - Friday, November 1, 2019
- TIME: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- LOCATION: Lyon Convention Center
The Yocto Project Summit, scheduled for October 31-November 1, 2019 at the Lyon Convention Centre, Lyon, France, is a technical conference for engineers, open source technologists, students and academia in the OSS space. Organized in conjunction with ELCE 2019, this 2-day event is where individuals will learn about Yocto Projects’ direction -- including, but not limited to, new releases, development tools, features -- get training on the next wave of embedded Linux technologies (segment previously known as Yocto Project Developer Day), and network with their industry peers, Yocto Project maintainers and experts.
For the first time, the Yocto Project Developer Day has expanded its scope to include both the workshop for engineers building customized Linux distributions and applications, as well as an open forum where maintainers, trainers, and users present papers on how the project is evolving and how they are using it.
Learn how Yocto Project-based software and new features, never seen before in the community, can help harness the power of automation and cross-compiling to overcome development barriers and formulate efficient approaches to follow CI/CD models, DevOps practices, cybersecurity requirements and more.
Summit attendees will:
- Hear from Yocto Project maintainers about current release topics such as automated testing, optimized builds, automated CVE analysis, SPDX license identifiers, automated recipe upgrades
- Attend sessions on DevOps, cybersecurity, containers, edge computing
- Gain hands-on experience with the Yocto Project infrastructure and tools
Attending the Yocto Project Summit will provide you with a strong base of knowledge around the Yocto Project developer tools and how they are being used in the industry.
- Early Registration: $179 (through August 23, 11:59 pm PST)
- Standard Registration: $209 (August 24 – September 27, 11:59 pm PST)
- Late Registration: $249 (September 28 – Event)
- Day 1: Keynote and general sessions on Yocto Project technology and usage (CFP open, see information below)
- Day 2: Breakout sessions containing 2 tracks
- Track 1: Yocto Project workshop-hackathon
- Track 2: Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded maintainers meeting
Lunch and snacks are offered on both days.
Day 1: Join us for an evening reception with drinks and appetizers.
Who Can Benefit
- System/Software Developers
- Tech Leads / Development Leads
- Software Architects
- Chief Engineers
- System Engineers
- Development Engineers
- Embedded Engineers / Programmer
- DevOps / System Administrators
- Application Engineers
- Open Source Technologists
Call for papers (CFP)
- Submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposals should contain topic, speaker, title, and abstract.
- CFP Opens: Monday, August 12
- CFP Closes: 11:59 PM PST on Monday, September 16
- CFP Notifications: Monday, September 23
- Schedule Announcement: Thursday, September 30
- Slides Due Date: Monday, October 21
List of topics
- Layer quality: e.g. creating robust layers, safely using existing layers
- Future languages (e.g. Rust)
- Productivity tricks and tools
- Init systems: pros and cons, selection, configuration
- Leveraging the new runqueue optimizations for mirrors, reproducible builds
- Supporting the Application Developer
- Working with/creating BSPs
- Practical use of the Yocto Project
If you have any questions about the Yocto Project Summit or are considering becoming a sponsor please contact us at email@example.com.