Yocto Project Release Checklist
From Yocto Project
- Week prior to build of release candidate
- Updates to the following packages will have occurred. DO NO PANIC, these come late in the release cycle - wic - meta-yocto-bsp - meta-yocto - linux-firmware - bootloaders (grub, syslinux, u-boot, gummiboot, etc..) - hwdata - pciutils - util-linux - i2c-tools - alsa - graphics drivers - cryptodev - systemtap - perf - linux-yocto
- Prior to build of the first release candidate
- Is DISTRO_VERSION updated in poky.conf? - Is SDK_VERSION updated in poky.conf? - Is SANITY_TESTED_DISTROS updated in poky.conf? - Are yocto-docs merged to the release branch? - Has bitbake -f -c distrodata universe been run? - Has an updated distro_alias.inc patch been accepted?
- After the final release candidate has returned from QA and is approved, verify the following:
- Tarballs have been updated with the correct naming conventions. - BSP tarballs have been generated. - rpm and deb directories have been removed. - Machines subdirectories have been cleaned up. (Symlinks removed, dupes deleted, etc.) - Eclipse plugins/archives have been published to http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/ and https://ep.yocto.io/. - ADT has been published, if applicable. (Deprecated with Yocto 2.0 release and later.) - md5sum file for the entire release has been generated. - Release Notes have been created, finalized, and approved. - Release Notes have been signed. - Repos have been tagged. - Release and BSP pages have been created on yoctoproject.org website. - The README for each BSP has been checked and updated if necessary. - Documentation links have been created on yoctoproject.org website. - Update the release dates and QA link on website backend. - Download links have been tested. - The mirror sync has been triggered and completed successfully. - Copy symlinked files into release sstate - Update the idlebuild weekly build script to include any new branches - The release announcement has been sent to the appropriate mailing lists. (yocto and yocto-announce)