Note: there's a bug with
PREMIRRORS handling. For optimal use of this workflow you should be running with either Morty 2.2.2+/1.32, Pyro 2.3.1+/1.34
OE-Core image builder
How to configure an OE-Core system to build images from shared artefacts.
- Quickly build images from pre-existing artefacts on minimal hardware (e.g. laptops).
- Avoid networking issues fetching from some upstream hosts (i.e. great firewall)
- A mirror of sstate objects (i.e. contents of
SSTATE_DIR) which the build machine can access via a uri (file://, http://, etc)
- if using the example poky distro you can use the mirrors on the Yocto Project infrastructure at sstate.yoctoproject.org
- A fixed version of the metadata which matches the sstate mirror (if the metadata isn't identical there's a strong chance of sstate checksum mismatches which result in being unable to use the mirrored objects and having to build recipes and their dependencies)
- i.e. if using poky and the Yocto Project mirrors as above, use a tagged release
- Make use of uninative, this fixed libc implementation ensures greater shared state object reuse for native recipes
- the poky distro makes use of uninative by default, it's highly recommended that you use uninative in your custom distro
- A mirror of the download sources (i.e. contents of
DL_DIR) to use as a premirror
- the sources used by the core Yocto Project layers are mirrored on Yocto Project infrastructure at downloads.yoctoproject.org
- Note: the poky distro uses the Yocto Project download mirror as a premirror for non-SCM fetchers by default
PREMIRRORSfor all supported fetchers with a single mirror URL
- (optional) add extra protocol-url pairs to
# Use Yocto Project source mirror for all sources SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/" INHERIT += "own-mirrors" # Add extra PREMIRRORS for non-upstream (Yocto Project) components PREMIRRORS_prepend = "\ https?$://.*/.* http://my-mirrors.example.com/sources/ \n \ git://.*/.* http://my-mirrors.example.com/sources/ \n \ " # Use Yocto Project sstate mirror and project-specific sstate mirror SSTATE_MIRRORS = "\ file://.* http://my-mirrros.example.com/sstate/PATH;downloadfilename=PATH \n \ file://.* http://sstate.yoctoproject.org/PATH;downloadfilename=PATH \n \ "
eSDK image builder
How to generate an eSDK to facilitate application development and custom image builds from an existing set of artefacts.
- Fully contained Yocto Project environment
- go from eSDK install to generated image in <10 minutes