Build time tracking
Script used for running the builds:
- Before morty: poky/scripts/contrib/build-perf-test.sh
- After morty: poky/scripts/oe-build-perf-test
Two identical test systems are used for the results, with all updates available installed. Extra packages installed (besides what's by the default in the distro) are the ones in the Quick Start guide.
Configuration of the GDC Setup 2.1 - Current master
- Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf)" --> 4.2.0-16-generic
- Fedora release 23 (Twenty Three) --> 4.7.10-100.fc23.x86_64
- HW configuration: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 1 x 600 GB SDD, 1 x 2 TB HDD
All system/distro settings are distro's defaults, that includes:
- FS mount options: ext4 rw,relatime,data=ordered
- IO scheduler: cfq and CPU governer: ondemand
local.conf it's the default one (the script doesn't touch it except for changing DL_DIR if necessary).
It however exports these in the enviroment:
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "8" PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 8" MACHINE = "qemux86"
- Q: Where is 1.5_M2? It's there but it's called: 1.5_M1.final-412-geaa5df3 The M2 build wasn't released hence no git tag
- Q: What's with the different number of RCs? See Yocto_Project_Release_Process#Milestone_Releases
- Q: Why are there more results for some commits? The script is ran from a cron job multiple times a day, sometimes master changes daily sometimes it doesn't, hence more results for one commit (ie weekends)
Daily Test Results
Build performance test suite is run multiple times per day. Latest test reports for master branch can found here:
Milestone Test results
Guadalajara Setup from 2.1 M4 to actual master
Old Test results
Milestone test results from the retired Romania Setup (Yocto 1.6 – 2.1) can be found from here:
Raw test data from the retired Romania test setup has been moved to
- Performance_Test_Weekly_1.5 has the old weekly results ran during the 1.5 cycle.
Configuration for the Romania Setup 1.6 - 2.1:
- Ubuntu 12.04 (uname -nr: ubuntu12 3.8.0-31-generic) and
- Fedora 19 (uname -nr: fedora19 3.11.3-201.fc19.x86_64)
- HW configuration: SandyBridge i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 cores/8 threads), 8GB RAM, 1 x 500 GB HDD