Many different Yocto Project documentation pages are returned by Google searches and it can be hard to know what's what.
- URLs have the following format: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/release/name/name.html.
- Here is an example for the "Yocto Project Reference Manual" for release 2.1.1: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1.1/ref-manual/ref-manual.html
Note that current can be used in place of the current release number.
List of Manual Pages
Here is a list of documentation page names and brief descriptions of their purposes:
- yocto-project-qs. Quick start guide to get you going.
- dev-manual. Conceptual and procedural information that covers common development tasks.
- sdk-manual. Describes how to use Yocto built SDKs for application development.
- bsp-guide. Describes how to use or create a board support package layer for your hardware platform.
- kernel-dev. Kernel development manual. Often used in conjunction with BSP guide.
- toaster-manual. Toaster is a web interface to the Yocto Project's OpenEmbedded build system.
- ref-manual. Material suited for reference rather than procedures. Come here for the details.
- mega-manual. All of the above rolled into one mega manual.