We like to have fun but we also like the communications to run smoothly. To that end here are some guidelines for participating in the Yocto Bugzilla.
- Be patient with others: Sometimes people post imperfect bug reports. In case of missing information, kindly tell reporters how to provide it, and/or suggest what they can do to improve the bug report.
- Stay on topic: Don't start endless debates on topics not directly related to the scope of a specific bug report.
- Use proper quoting practices: Avoid quoting complete previous comments by stripping unneeded lines, and avoid answering above the quoted text.
- Don't abuse your privileges: Submitters have permission to edit their bugs. If you abuse this privilege - for example, by reopening a bug that the maintainers have closed - your privileges will be revoked.
What to do if you find a bug
- Search first: Try to avoid filing duplicates by searching to see whether your issue has already been filed.
- Ask: You can ask on our mailing lists or IRC channels to see if anyone has seen this issue before to gather more details or see if someone has a workaround.
- Submit a bug report: Give us as many details as possible about what happened and how your issue can be reproduced. IMPORTANT: please include the build/commit ID as reported by BitBake, as this will help the team determine whether your bug has been fixed already.
- Track our progress: Get feedback from the development community and track resolution status.
- Provide a fix: Use the tools, project wiki and git source repository in the Yocto Project to fix the problem yourself.
Learn more about our process for reporting bugs.
Here are 3 options for different templates, which can be cut an pasted into the Description Section of the bug, if these do not suite your needs feel free to create a new one.
Feature Enhancement Template
1. Feature Description: 2. Feature Present Code Status(including location and version): 3. Code License (e.g. GPLv2): 4. Business Impaction: 5. Other Justification:
General Bug Template
Preconditions/Environment ------------------------- List here what is the setup used. Triggering Action/Cause ----------------------- What how to make the phenomenon to happen. Expectation ----------- What should happen. Actual Result ------------- What really happens Reproducibility --------------- m/n Where: n = total number of attempts m = number of times the phenomenon is visible
QA Report Template
BUILD CONFIGURATION IMAGE TYPE: STEPS TO REPRODUCE: EXPECTED OUTCOME: ACTUAL OUTCOME: