From Yocto Project
Checklist for setting up autobuilders
- Fresh OS install (minimal X window profile)
- Make sure NFS is mounted and idmapd is working properly.
- Set firewall to allow connections from qemu sanity tests
- Setup any needed proxies.
- Including git-proxy if needed. You'll test your proxies below.
- Run relevant yum, apt-get, or zypper command from the packages section of the quick start guidde
- Install vncserver and if needed python-zope.interfaces
- Add a pokybuild user
- echo "source /opt/poky/1.5/environment-setup-x86_64-pokysdk-linux" >> /home/pokybuild/.bashrc
- git clone http://git.yoctoproject.org/git/yocto-autobuilder /home/pokybuild/yocto-autobuilder
- git clone git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky /root/poky
- Install a toolchain at /opt/poky
- Install an SDK at the default /opt/poky/1.5
- echo "cd /root/poky/scripts/; ./runqemu-gen-tapdevs 1006 100 32 /opt/poky/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/" >> /etc/rc.local (or /etc/rc.d/after.local or equivalent.)
- echo "/bin/su - pokybuild -c "/usr/bin/vncserver" >> /etc/rc.local (or /etc/rc.d/after.local or equivalent.)
- Execute /etc/rc.local file to test it. Set your vnc server password
- su - pokybuild
- Run which python and make sure your python is in /opt
- cd yocto-autobuilder and configure config/autobuilder.conf yocto-slave/buildbot.tac yocto-master/master.cfg (maybe yocto-slave/twistd.hostname)
- dot-source: ". yocto-autobuilder-setup" (touch .setupdone if needed)
- ./yocto-start-autobuilder slave
Watch /tmp on the first build and make sure it isn't filling up. Missed configuration changes with default to /tmp.