From Yocto Project
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 14:37, 23 May 2023 by Stephen K. Jolley (talk | contribs) (→Yocto Project Weekly Status May 23rd, 2023)
Yocto Project Weekly Status May 23rd, 2023
Current Dev Position: YP 4.3 M1
Next Deadline: 5th June 2023 YP 4.3 M1 build date
Next Team Meetings:
- Bug Triage meeting Thursday May 25th 7:30 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
- Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday May 23rd 8 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
- Twitch - See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester
- YP 4.0.10 is ready to release after TSC review
- YP 4.2.1 is in QA
- M1 is approaching fast (two weeks left), so please try and get any major changes submitted soon.
- Patches have been merging into master, thanks to everyone for both review feedback and iterating on patches
- We need to upgrade to gcc 13 soon, this is blocking enabling Fedora 38 workers on the autobuilder as we don’t have a compatible uninative release.
- There are time64 patches being proposed to handle Y2038 issues on 32 bit architectures which likely need further discussion since the compiler flag changes aren’t without risk and potential side effects.
- We’re aiming to improve documentation as we go along in this release, please keep this in mind when sending patches. Adding to the documentation as we go will make the release a lot easier.
- Autobuilder instability is a concern as known good builds are regularly hitting issues, particularly the “ubuntu 20.04 libgcc not found” issue which is likely python version specific but there are other intermittent issues too. As an example, three of the last nightly builds failed in succession. Due to the intermittent nature of these bugs, few people are willing to spend time on them but they mean patches are being very slow to merge. Help is very much needed but it is hard to be specific about where/what the issue is unfortunately.
Ways to contribute:
- As people are likely aware, the project has a number of components which are either unmaintained, or have people with little to no time trying to keep them alive. These components include: patchtest, layerindex, devtool, toaster, wic, oeqa, autobuilder, CROPs containers, pseudo and more. Many have open bugs. Help is welcome in trying to better look after these components!
- There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
- There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.2. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.2_Unassigned_Enhancements.2FBugs
- We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list at: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maintainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to help facilitate this.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
- Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics
- We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is appreciated.
YP 4.3 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.3 M1 build date 2023/06/05
- YP 4.3 M1 Release date 2023/06/16
- YP 4.3 M2 build date 2023/07/17
- YP 4.3 M2 Release date 2023/07/28
- YP 4.3 M3 build date 2023/08/28
- YP 4.3 M3 Release date 2023/09/08
- YP 4.3 M4 build date 2023/10/02
- YP 4.3 M4 Release date 2023/10/27
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.0.10 is ready for release
- YP 4.2.1 is in QA
- YP 4.2.1 Release date 2023/06/02
- YP 3.1.26 build date 2023/06/19
- YP 3.1.26 Release date 2023/06/30
- YP 4.0.11 build date 2023/06/26
- YP 4.0.11 Release date 2023/07/07
- YP 4.2.2 build date 2023/07/10
- YP 4.2.2 Release date 2023/07/21
- YP 3.1.27 build date 2023/07/31
- YP 3.1.27 Release date 2023/08/11
- YP 4.0.12 build date 2023/08/07
- YP 4.0.12 Release date 2023/08/18
- YP 4.2.3 build date 2023/08/28
- YP 4.2.3 Release date 2023/09/08
- YP 3.1.28 build date 2023/09/18
- YP 3.1.28 Release date 2023/09/29
- YP 4.0.13 build date 2023/09/25
- YP 4.0.13 Release date 2023/10/06
- YP 3.1.29 build date 2023/10/30
- YP 3.1.29 Release date 2023/11/10
- YP 4.0.14 build date 2023/11/06
- YP 4.0.14 Release date 2023/11/17
- YP 4.2.4 build date 2023/11/13
- YP 4.2.4 Release date 2023/11/24
- YP 3.1.30 build date 2023/12/11
- YP 3.1.30 Release date 2023/12/22
- YP 4.0.15 build date 2023/12/18
- YP 4.0.15 Release date 2023/12/29
- WDD 2527 (last week 2535) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
- OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
- Total patches found: 1198 (last week 1198)
- Patches in the Pending State: 278 (23%) [last week 278 (23%)]
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at: